- On September 8, 2018, at the Subic Bay Exhibition and Convention Center, athletes and spectators were given their first-ever chance to witness and participate in simultaneous multi- sports activities including CONZERT, a group exercise dance marathon (Zumba, Piloxing, Mixxed Fit, Cardio Martial Arts, etc.); KING OF THE FIGHT, an amateur MMA match; ALPHA CHALLENGE, a fitness proficiency game; MUSCLECONTEST, the first international physique contest in the country to issue an IFBB PRO Card; and a vibrant FITNESS EXPO trade exhibit.
- It was Subic’s largest ever multi-sport festival and fitness expo. Musclecontest 2018 Sports and Fitness Expo organized by Gold’s Gym treated thousands of spectators to a multi-sports event that celebrated the diversity of fitness in the Philippines.
- The historic event was a huge success. Attendance that day was a total of 4,055 with the following breakdown: 1,358 athletes/participants, 250 from SBMA, 600 from Gold’s Gym staff, 300 from the working committee (including volunteers), 1,817 spectators, 200 exhibitor staff and 230 media people.
- Present that day were network giant ABS-CBN (TFC in the US), AXN, Sony Entertainment (both cable channels), CIGNAL TV 5 (the ESPN partner in the Philippines).
- Conzert – An 8-hour extravaganza where participants joined fun and intense Gold’s Gym group exercise classes inn one action-packed dance marathon. Classes such as Bootcamp, Pop Hits, Retro, Piloxing, Barre, Cardio Martial Arts, Strong by Zumba, Zumba Fitness, and Zumba Step were in full motion throughout the day, and participants and spectators alike were delighted to have been given the chance to experience the intensity of Gold's Gym Group Exercise Classes. A total of 500 participated.
- The Alpha Challenge – The ultimate fitness challenge that allowed fitness enthusiasts to put their strength and endurance to the test. The event required participants to execute as many reps as they can in one minute of five simple, but carefully chosen exercises, and categories were divided according to age for fair play. Men and women, from varying ages, all competed to be the very best in their division - to be an Alpha. The excitement was felt as the individuals poured out their hearts in an epic fitness challenge that had them exhausted towards the end. A total of 184 participated in this grueling event.
- King of the Fight – An amateur MMA exhibition fight that matched up and coming mixed martial artists for pride and glory. The amateur smack down featured 27 exhilarating fights inside a boxing ring. Well-prepared amateur fighters clashed and gave their all in their respective attempts to become the King of the Fight. To ensure safety, ambulances provided by the Philippine Red Cross were also stationed in the event. 54 fighters participated..
- Musclecontest and IFBB Bikini Pro – the first ever international bodybuilding & bikini competition to give out IFBB PRO CARDS in the Philippines. Musclecontest Philippines made history as the event awarded the very first International Federation of Bodybuilding (IFBB) Pro Cards and hosted the first and only IFBB Pro Bikini Show on Philippine soil. It was a huge success because it highlighted the heart and soul of the Filipino people. This event opened the doors to athletes and provided them an opportunity to become a part of the IFBB Pro League. 450 athletes from 18 different countries from all over the world competed in this event.
The country's largest Multi-Sport Festival & Fitness Expo, Musclecontest Philippines is back on September 28, 2019! Once again, participants and spectators alike will gear up for a day of adrenaline-packed events in The Tent at Acacia Estates. Headlined by the first ever bodybuilding competition to give out IFBB Pro Cards in the Philippines, this all-day multi-sport festival is expected to attract more than 5,000 athletes and spectators and will comprise of the following events:
- Musclecontest and IFBB Pro 2019 - An international bodybuilding competition that will give out IFBB Pro Cards to elite athletes in the Philippines. Top bodybuilders and physique athletes will clash on the grandest stage of them all! The second edition of Musclecontest is back, bigger and better than ever.
- King of the Fight - Three different martial arts exhibitions will take place for up and coming fighters! MMA fights will be held in the signature UFC octagon, boxing matches will be conducted in a ring, and a BJJ exhibition will take place on mats. King of the Fight is once again here to bring the adrenaline and the energy to Musclecontest 2019!
- The Alpha Challenge - The ultimate fitness challenge that will let fitness enthusiasts put their strength and endurance to the test! This year’s challenge will be different from last year, but it is sure to provide the same atmosphere of competition and excitement to participants and spectators alike!
- Conzert – The all-day dance marathon is back! Classes such as Zumba, Cardio Martial Arts, Pop Dance, Retro, Piloxing, and Strong by Zumba will be lighting up The Tent all day long! Get your exercise in while partaking in the intense atmosphere of Musclecontest 2019!